Bigly Disasters

When I woke up following the 2016 election I was filled with dread.

My son, Jake, asked me:

“How bad will it be?”

I said, “We’re white. It’ll be a disaster but it’s going to be a hell of a lot worse for gays, women and blacks.”

I was really worried about the minorities...

...and on Friday morning I woke up and read the block that Twitter had over the Trump tweet that was most definitely glorifying violence.

Looting would bring shooting.

I was rightfully horrified. The president was seemingly calling for the shooting of American citizens. To make it worse, hours later the same tweet was posted on the official White House page.

103,000 dead Americans because the pandemic was handled poorly and the administration lost interest.

Minneapolis is burning.

The Flynn transcript was released and it appears that he was trying to tell Russia that they had a common enemy in the Democrats.

“This is going to be a helluva’ day,” I thought.

The fight with twitter is ridiculous, but a threat to the first amendment.

There’s a fight brewing with China as the administration searches for a scapegoat and then in the middle of the afternoon the United States withdrew from the World Health Organization...

...so the next pandemic should be a real doozy.

It was supposed to be a press conference but instead Trump badly read the China policy change and W.H.O. Withdrawal and then he walked away without taking questions.

Because he has zero answers.

He doesn’t know how to lead through the pandemic.

He’s too hampered by claims of personal racist attacks to offer any comfort in a race war.

His Twitter fight is because they’re now slapping warnings on his lies.

And it’s all nastiness all the time.

The day ended with massive protests in Atlanta, Minneapolis and the White House was locked down.

It feels like the entire country is on fire and it also appears that you couldn’t do a worse job if you tried.

And maybe that’s the point.

“It seems intentional,” one buddy texted.

And I thought back to 2016...

...and a phrase long repeated on the campaign trail:

“We’re going to be tired of winning.”

I feel tired.

I’m not alone.

There’s no winning though.

Only whining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie