Glimmer Twins Are Helping

Sirius has a Rolling Stones station up for a limited time.

They were my first musical love. They were just so mysterious to a young lad. They were British, they smoked pot, and unlike the Beatles who seemed to be accepted in America, the Stones were kind of blackballed by society.

They just released a new song, “Living in a Ghost Town” and it made the charts.

No big deal...

...they’ve put a jukebox worth of songs on the charts, but they’re the first group to do it in 7 straight decades!

7 straight!!

The Beatles broke up 50 years ago!

Mick & Keith are still writing together and most likely aggravating the piss out of each other.

But what a legacy.

I listened to Shattered, Memory Motel, Sympathy for the Devil, When the Whip Comes Down, Bitch, Angie, Emotional Rescue...

...and I felt emotionally rescued to a point.

Trump is working on trying to find a foe for the coming election. Seems he and Putin chose Obama. How much you want to bet they’ll be ‘Lock Him Up Chants’ when the Rona Rallies get under way.

We have, what 83,000 deaths now?

And people are still screaming hoax.

Baseball might not be back because the players and owners are fighting about money.

And when do these freaking African Hornets arrive?

And oh yeah, it was 30 yesterday!

So, just as I did when I was lovesick back when I was 15 years old, I put on The Glimmer Twins station and man, I sang it loud and proud.

By the way, the guitar riff in Little T & A is epic.

“We did it for you,” Keith Richards is quoted as saying to a fan who slapped him on the back and thanked him.

I’m sure they did...

...for us...

...and the women...

...and the drugs...

...and all that money.

I don’t care much why they did it.

I’m just glad they did.

I hope they chart next decade too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie