Off the Grid

I’m not sure who came up with the idea to let you know how much time you spend on your phone.

I instantly delete it without looking at it because I’m a little embarrassed.

Lately, I’ve used my phone for the following items:

1). Twitter - I get most of my news from there. A lot of news stories, idiotic garbage tweets arguing about the pandemic and politics.

2). Books - I read the new Sandford book - Masked Prey. As soon as I finished it up I ordered the new Stephen King book.

So, a lot of my screen time is spent reading, which is good.

3). Games - I play a stupid Gardenscapes game. It’s fun and passes time as I watch television. But most recently there is a trivia game that’s all the rage. I play a few people pretty regularly, including my beautiful wife who calls me names when I beat her.

“Hey, I got 15 out of 15,” I mentioned after beating her 15-12.

“Good for you, a**hole.”

4). Facebook - I spend most of my time on that app hiding posts from people who aggravate me. I’m even thinking of not going there much, but it’s a fun place (or was) to bust chops and make people laugh. I just can’t handle the pandemic conspiracy theories. Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci teamed up to spread the pandemic so they can come up with a vaccine so they can implant location chips to track people.

For what?

World domination??

5). Work - emails, phone calls, OSHA regulations. They’re all stored there.

6). Banking - there’s an app for that! No spending time balancing the old check book. I’m still a boomer though. I don’t use Venmo or Zelle or any of that other crap that transfers money out instantly. I don’t trust it. Everyone makes fun of me. I write checks.

7). Music - I’m hesitant here too. I can’t get used to having all my songs right there. It’s great, yeah, and I pay for them through a streaming service, but whenever I download a full album I feel weird.

8). Writing - I’ve written the last few books into the notes on my phone. Then I take the phone to the computer where I type everything out again.

There you go.

That adds up to a lot of phone time.

How about you?

What did we do before we had this damn thing in our hands?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie