Had Enough

Jake made a huge announcement.

“I’ve had enough of this.”

Sam tried his hand at getting one of his girl friends to pay a visit.

“She doesn’t have it.”

Meanwhile, the number of cases has spiked in Western New York, and remember when they said we’d top out at 60,000 lost lives?

We’re over 65,000, I believe.

Meanwhile, Kim Jong Un might be alive, and suddenly the GOP is all for standing up in the face of potential sexual harassment, even though the guy in his chair has about 20 claims on his resume.

“You think things will start going back to normal by June 1?” Jake asked.

I didn’t even want to answer him. I don’t know, of course, but in 30 days time I don’t believe that much will change.

In fact, if there are hundreds on the beaches or storming capital buildings...

...we may all be ordered back to our homes again.

As the Spanish Flu should have taught us...

...not reacting properly might result in a second wave that is much worse than the first.

“I don’t think so,” I said. “I’m hoping that we salvage a little of the summer.”

Fauci is no longer allowed to speak because his words of dire warning are not playing well.

“We can’t wish it away,” I added.

“But I want to live!” Jake said.

And we all do...

...and time is definitely going way too slowly for a lot of people.

But again, on Thursday, I ran into a friend.

“My Mom is going to die today,” he said. “She got sick, admitted to the hospital, and dying. All in 7 freaking days. Man, I’m going to freak the f**k out on the first guy who tells me this is a joke.”

“Aw, man, I’m sorry,” I said.

“Mom is 80 and I’m lucky to have had her all these years, but man, I wasn’t ready to lose her.”

My buddy’s heart was breaking. He told me a little about his Mom and what a strong person she’d been all her life.

“She was healthy. By tomorrow she’ll be gone. This shouldn’t have happened.”

So, I told Jake that story.

“I know you’ve had enough, but it’s a short time.”

“Not that short,” he said.

I can’t imagine what I might have thought of all this at 23 years old...

...probably not much...

...but we have to be smart about this...

...or it will be even worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie