That’s More Like It!

70 degrees and sunny.

I love these days.

Up and down the block the neighbors were all out...

...lawns being mowed, weeds being yanked, dogs being walked.

I headed out early enough.

Sam was going off to work.

“I work until five,” he said. “I’ll mow the lawn when I get home.”

“The garage!” I said. “You have to clean that!”

I put some tunes on.

Yanked some weeds.

The hip is barking, and I have a cortisone shot coming but damn! It was nice out!

Six hours later, the Yankees were on.

I was on the couch with ice.

“I’ll get the lawn before I go to Matt’s to dog sit,” Sam texted.

“It’s done,” I answered. “I wanted to do it.”

“Okay, haha. I’ll clean the garage then.”

“That’s done too,” I answered.

I waited for a moment and watched the little thought bubble.

“You’re insane,” he wrote.

Tell me something I don’t know kid!

“The hot sun will clear your mind and body. Hard work will take away the pain.”

That’s a line from Tucson Train...

...the great new Bruce song.

It’s true!

I felt better, actually.

And the lawn looks good.

Summer.

Hope is lasts a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie