June The 2 Is Here!

It’s a day of family, and Italian heritage, and the story is muddled.

It’s kind of a Wimpy, “I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday” situation.

An uncle who owed money and promised to it it back on “June the 2.”

And it makes me think of my Uncle Jim, which isn’t a problem because I think of him a lot and it hurts less now...

...now I smile some.

And Uncle Jim was a great eater and a Yankees fan and he was always steady in his love.

I swear, it brings tears to my eyes every time I think of how he called me to make sure I know how loved I was after we lost Jeff and then Dad.

He’d just call.

Make me smile.

And more than his ‘candy ass’ comment when we wondered who’d eat the last stuffed pepper what I remember about Uncle Jim was how steady he was...

...and how much he loved his family.

That makes a man a success.

A wild success.

He had Kristen in that house, driving him crazy!

That ain’t easy!

And man, we all included him.

“Call Uncle Jim,” was the rallying cry.

I remember making sausage with him in the months before he got sick.

We were at the stove, watching the sausage sizzle in the pan.

Uncle Jim was fiddling with the peppers and getting the Italian bread ready for the sandwiches that we were about to devour.

“I’m drooling,” I said.

He laughed (great laugh BTW).

“It doesn’t get much better,” he said.

Simple pleasures.

Steady, great guy.

June the 2.

RIP Uncle Jim...

...hope the 3 of you are having a blast.

Comments

He did have a great laugh. The minute I read it, I heard it. Happy June the 2.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Have a great day, sister! It’s a day for smiling!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie