“It’s Parked”

So, I had a couple three days with the wife in celebration of our wedding anniversary.

We got a hotel room and went to dinner and spent nearly every waking minute together.

A hell of a way to celebrate.

And 25 years into knowing one another and 22 years of marriage allows you to break each other’s chops...

...constantly.

We were on the way home and I was driving. Coming down the skyway and pulled to a stop at a red light that was a long way off.

Or so I thought.

Three straight cars went by me on the left and cut back into the lane in front of me.

“They’re cutting in.”

Kathy started laughing.

“You know why, dumbass? You’re behind a parked car.”

I didn’t have a lot to say to that, and in between guffaws she said:

“There’s a blog for you.”

Still didn’t have anything to say. Had to take it.

It only took about a half an hour for me to get an answer.

“Defrost the hamburger for dinner,” I said.

(We’ve owned the microwave for all 22 years).

“What are you doing?” I finally asked.

“Looking for the defrost option.”

“Just turn it on!” I said.

Finally, I heard the microwave spinning.

30 seconds later it beeped.

“What the f***?”

She was in the other room.

“You were gonna’ defrost a pound of hamburger in 30 seconds?”

“It was a minute something.”

“Still dumb,” I said. “That’s as bad as waiting behind a parked car.”

She laughed.

“No.”

“It’s not.”

And there we are.

What happens after 60 hours together?

“What’re you doing today?” I asked, on Sunday morning.

“Getting away from you.”

But...

...there you go.

The parked car blog.

(I defrosted the hamburger on my own).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie