Twenty-Thousand Days

I saw a post on twitter from a woman who said:

“I’ve been alive for 18,345 days, and I am clueless about how any of this works.”

I don’t even know why she was talking about, but it made me think:

How many hours have I been around?

You’ll be happy to know that it’s more than 19,000.

I’ll make it to my 20,000th day in early August of 2019.

So, what have I spent those hours doing?

One-third of it sleeping.

A couple of hours a day eating, showering, brushing my teeth, and what-not.

(I love ‘what-not’ as an expression, by the way).

From April to October I usually spend 3 hours a day keeping an eye on the Yankees as I do other things...

...been doing that for about 45 years.

I’ve logged a whole lot of hours at work...

...40 years of about 8 hours a day there.

I’ve seen Bruce 32 times at 3.5 hours a clip.

So many hours in the car or on a plane...

...hours in church, at funerals, weddings and as an altar boy for a long time.

About a thousand hours writing too.

Can’t even imagine the reading time.

But it’s surprising isn’t it?

Twenty-Thousand days appears a lot shorter than 54 years, doesn’t it?

But think of the wasted hours...

...I watched Gilligan’s Island and the Brady Bunch and a lot of other nonsense...

...like the Buffalo Bills.

The best times in life aren’t actually measured in hours, though, right?

A kiss only takes a second. Full on moments of intimacy also can be measured in mere parts of a full hour.

The best hours of all were usually spent with friends and loved ones...

...minutes spent laughing until it hurt...

...moments spent talking, holding hands, even crying.

And in the end, there will be a time when I’m looking for one more hour...

...and I know me...

...I’ll be pissed that I wasted time watching “How I Met Your Mother” or “The Big Bang Theory.”

I’ll want that time back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie