A Brand New Place

I must confess, it was a rough couple of months for me.

It’s not a secret that I don’t care for change, but what I hate more than change is clutter or a mess.

The house felt overly messy to me. We desperately needed an interior paint job, and there were a few nicks and holes in the drywall in a couple of spots.

I learned to patch a hole, and then I started painting. I would do a room at a time, and after finishing each one I said, “I can’t do this.”

But I did.

A couple of weeks of pure hell, and the one thing I did was ruin the carpeting. We were replacing it anyway.

I put in the order, and picked out what we wanted.

The set the appointment out 10 days.

Then they postponed it.

On Wednesday, they were due.

But they came in the early afternoon.

“Should only take a few hours,” the crew leader said.

They got started at 1:00.

Didn’t finish until 9:00.

I spent that time locked in my room with the dogs.

I put everything back where it belonged and then noticed that the handrail was hanging off the wall in the stairwell.

I grabbed my tools and got to work.

“Look at you, working around the house!” Kathy said.

Finally, on Sunday, I looked around.

“All good,” I said.

“What’s next?” Kathy asked. “You know you’re going to drive yourself nuts with something else soon.”

“Maybe a living room set?” Kathy asked.

Now I’m obsessing on that.

Well, I had a few minutes of peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie