Hee-Haw

So, Roy Clark passed away.

Stan Lee too.

I guess the longer you stick around, the more you see your youth fade away.

Hee-Haw was on Sunday nights.

It was pretty hard to miss in the 1970’s, and watching Roy Clark and Buck Owens playing and singing...

...and hearing the corny jokes.

It was quality entertainment.

My kids give me weird looks when they catch me watching Quincy, or Columbo or The Odd Couple.

“How does it feel to know that everyone on the show you’re watching is dead?” Jake asked as I watched Peter Falk, as Columbo, muddle his way through the interview of a suspect.

“It’s sad,” I said. “Watch this with me. It was a great show.”

Jake hung in for a little while...

...Columbo is a 2-hour show...

...that’s tough for the new generation.

“It’s good isn’t it?” I asked.

“He’s amusing,” Jake said, and then he bailed.

As for Stan Lee...

...Spider-Man is an absolute classic.

As a kid he was a cartoon...

...then the movies came along.

“We just wanted people to read our stories,” Lee said.

So, how does it feel to know that the people I’ve most admired are now gone?

Sucks!

Klugman, Peter Falk, Frank Sinatra, Tom Petty, Clarence Clemens, James Gandolfini, Roy Clark...

...great artists.

I still have a lot of idols left...

...but it’s dwindling a bit.

Thank God Everything is on tape, and that the ‘old dudes’ channel replays everything.

It’s almost like they’re still here.

That’s what happens with true stars.

I doubt if the currently admired rappers will enjoy such a long career, but you never know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie