Make It Stop

I’m hoping that people vote.

I really do, but I couldn’t possibly be more annoyed with the election cycle, especially since the banter going back and forth is absolutely toxic.

The caravan is two months away, but is being sold like an invasion. There are 15,000 troops heading to the southern border to do something...

...shoot refugees, I guess.

The ads are on radio, on television and in the news programs.

They go something like this:

“I’m a family man. I tell the truth, and my opponent is a liar. I want everyone but me to be rich, and I want you to have free healthcare and a million dollar job, my opponent wants to steal your kids, beat your dog, and take every dollar you have. You need to vote for me.”

We have 5 eligible voters in our family.

At the most, two of us will vote.

Maybe just me.

“Why aren’t you registered to vote?” I asked Sam.

“I don’t want them to pick me for jury duty,” he said.

Bah!

I posed the same question to Matt and Jake.

“Our votes don’t count,” was the consensus answer. “Democrats win in New York, and even though Hillary won, she lost. They fix it anyway they want.”

I didn’t have an answer for that.

“Besides, they all go in as broke bastards and they come out rich. They’re all crooks.”

No argument here.

I am sick of all of it.

I’m sure the rest of you are too...

...can’t we just get back to corruption, stealing tax money, and telling lies?

Go vote!

It’s your duty...

...even though my goofy kids don’t.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie