“I Try To Tell The Truth”

If you’re actually paying attention, it’s kind of funny.

“Our relationship with Saudi Arabia will result in 45,000 jobs.”

That’s the actual statement that is closest to the truth.

A half an hour later:

“Our relationship with Saudi Arabia will result in 60,000 jobs.”

An hour after that:

“Our relationship with Saudi Arabia will result in a lot of jobs. Some people are saying about 200,000.”

Before that night’s rally:

“What are we supposed to do? Give up 400,000 jobs?”

At the rally:

“Our relationship with Saudi Arabia will result in 600,000 new jobs.”

The next day:

“We’re talking over a million new jobs, okay, some people are saying like 1.6 million jobs for Americans.”

None of that is fake news. It’s words directly from one source over a 24-hour period. It can’t be classified as anything other than lies.

And you know why it happens?

Because it works!!!

Public sentiment shifted from horror over the murder of a journalist (I can’t believe that story left the news so quickly) to...

...we need Saudi Arabia.

Now, it certainly didn’t matter how many jobs were actually created, but the heat was on, so the number had to rise.

How is this possible?

I honestly think that the answer should be to show everyone all of those clips with the following words playing on a loop underneath it:

“This is a lie. This is a lie. This is a lie. This is a lie.”

Because that’s how we are being governed now.

It’s called gaslighting and it’s a strategy.

One of the things I hate about the NBA is that some of the players flop. (See James, LeBron). In hockey, it’s known as a dive. In soccer, the guy rolls around on the field until the ref produces the red card...then the guy miraculously recovers.

Did anyone see the Red Sux pitchers covered in grease during the World Series? Football players hold, trip, poke their opponents in the eyes..

...nothing matters.

Win at all costs!!!

I’ve said it before...

...I’m a lousy liar.

Which is good! (The nuns did a number on me)

Or I thought so.

Now it seems that the world has passed me by.

“I don’t know,” he lied.

Lying is now an art form.

They announced that Trump made 599 false or misleading statements in September.

They’re saying that Trump is now telling 10 lies a day.

They even asked him about it.

“I want to tell the truth. I try to,” he lied. “Sometimes things change though and it turns out that things aren’t true.”

What happened to us????

Where does one go to learn how to lie?

I might have to take a course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie