A Life Of Gratitude

Life can beat you down.

It’s actually pretty relentless, and definitely is not for the meek.

Which is all the more the reason for being thankful.

This Thanksgiving I’m thankful, first off for my brother, John. Thanksgiving falls on his birthday this year, and now he’s 55.

Which means I made it through the time when we were the same age without getting a beating. Can’t say it didn’t happen before.

When we were kids, Dad once said, “Pick on someone your own age.”

From October 18 to November 22, we were the same age. So, he’d beat me.

I’m also thankful for my Mom.

Her birthday is on the 25th.

I’m thankful for my beautiful wife and adoring kids, and my siblings, nieces and nephews.

It’s been a little bit of a wild ride this year, but I’m truly thankful for where I live, and the freedoms we still enjoy.

I’m grateful that I can still get up and go to work, and that I still enjoy what I do.

But, as I said...

...it’s too easy to forget to live a life of gratitude.

One of the nuns once told me:

“Don’t just ask God for things...

...every once in awhile...

.,,say ‘Thanks.’”

Good advice.

I think of her saying that every Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Give thanks.

And pass the stuffing!

Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie