Horrible

On Thanksgiving a story broke about a 5-year-old child losing his life, one town over from where we live.

I saw the headline:

Wouldn’t click on the story.

Saw an update a few hours later, the kid was struck by a car.

There were a few of those in my youth. They were too sad to think about.

Yet, the story was even sadder than that.

His father was behind the wheel.

I just couldn’t even read the story. Sometimes life is way too cruel. As a Dad, I didn’t want to think about it. As a man, I would be destroyed by the particulars.

I’ve dealt with sadness in my life and at my job.

“How does that family survive?” Someone texted me.

“Love,” I answered. “It’s their only chance.”

I thought about faith, and friends, and the love of the man’s spouse, and other children...

...but even then...

...there will be a huge hole in a space where all that was there was love.

I didn’t want to think about it from the perspective of a Dad, or a friend, or even a stranger a Town over...

...but I did...

...just long enough to send some positive thoughts and feelings of love to all that knew that beautiful little boy.

May God be with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie