Service Please!

Drove from Buffalo to Syracuse after working all day, and I barely beat the snow. It was a rough drive, and I was beat. I just wanted to get to my room and rest for an hour before dinner with some friends.

I have one demand for when I’m checking in:

Do it fast.

The young lady behind the desk didn’t have any such urgency. She was actually chatting with a coworker.

I placed my credit card and license on the counter.

“Name?” She asked.

“Fazzolari. I booked it online.”

“Spell it.”

I pushed the card towards her.

She turned to her coworker again.

“Can you believe she said that?” She asked.

They both laughed.

She picked up my card and set it down again, turned back to her buddy.

“So, I told Ann that she should be fired. No way that should be tolerated!”

Looked at me again.

“What was the name?”

“Oh give me a break here,” I said.

She looked at me as if I were an absolute lunatic.

“Are we tired?” She asked.

“I don’t know if we are, but I am.”

She went to the computer.

“Here you are,” she said.

The phone rang.

She answered it!

Started talking to someone about booking a room for a week from now. She was the type of person who can’t walk and chew gum. As she talked, she didn’t do a damn thing to get me into my room.

I sighed heavily.

Finally she hung up the phone, and you know what she asked me?

“Your name again?”

“Listen to me,” I said. “If I’m not in the room in 4 minutes, I’ll be checking in at the hotel next door.”

Her coworker heard me.

He actually entered my name and made my keys. She retrieved my paperwork.

Not another word passed between us.

I was in my room 4 minutes later.

At dinner, one of my buddies was talking about waiting for something to be delivered. He’d spent the day tracking it, was told that it wouldn’t be delievered, AFTER he spoke to his wife who’d taken delivery 20 minutes before that call!

What happened to customer service???

It wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t an epidemic.

Happens all the time.

“Have a great stay,” she said, as I walked away.

“Thank you so much,” I said.

I don’t even think she caught the sarcasm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie