Wore A Necktie

Went to a company celebration last night.

It was a gala at a fancy hotel in Syracuse, and had a good dinner.

Thing is, I got dressed up, and that happens about once a year.

A shirt with buttons, dress pants, a suit coat and yes...

...a necktie.

And it was great fun for some of my work friends who see me in work boots, jeans and a tee-shirt with a few stains on them.

I’d like to say that it felt good to dress up nice, but my beautiful wife’s steak wasn’t cooked well done so I had to eat it. She doesn’t eat asparagus either.

So, I ate that.

Then there was an ice cream station where I was able to make my own sundae.

Dress clothes get tighter than my usual loose fabrics.

Suit coat went first...

...it’s a newish suit coat that I found at a bar. It fits perfectly.

I would’ve loosened the tie, but that’s impossible...

...cause it was a clip-on.

By 10:30, I was back in my shorts and a Yankees shirt.

Thank God that’s over.

I’ll hang everything up in the back of my closet.

Put the boots back on for Monday morning.

Way more comfortable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie