Three Stories

Three stories caught my eye this past week:

1). John McCain’s send-off was perfect. Not “a little over the top” as Trump said. McCain spent 5.5 years as a POW. That’s good in my book.

The part of the service that caught my attention (besides the exceptional send-off by Biden) was Roberta McCain saying goodbye to her 82-year-old son.

She’s 106!

Looks good too!!

God Bless Her.

2). The story of the kid who shot up the Madden Tournament in Jacksonville was one I might have skipped.

How many shooting stories can you read?

Yet, there was news that cops had been called to his home on 26 separate times. He’d been labeled as a kid who was seriously mentally disturbed. His parents were at their wits end.

And he passed the background checks!!!

Bought his murder weapon a month ago!!!

That has to change!

3). The third story that upset me was about the 9-year-old boy who committed suicide because he was being bullied for being gay.

9-years old?

Gay???

At 9, I was trying to figure out whether to run to first or third in my little league game if my bat actually made contact with the ball.

I had zero idea what gay meant.

I didn’t know why girls had longer hair...

...kid didn’t even reach adolescence.

Regardless, the kid felt bullied enough to kill himself.

That’s horrendous.

“Life is a shit sandwich,” my father used to say.

Gotta’ stop reading the news.

“Just eat the bread.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie