A New Low

There are days when I don’t listen to anything political. Yesterday I sat down at lunch with a good friend (who shares my shame in all things big and orange) and said:

“Anything embarrassing today?”

“Maybe a new low,” he said. “He attacked the death tolls from the Puerto Rico hurricane.”

“How?”

“Says the Dems did it to make him look bad.”

I thought he was making it up.

He showed me the tweet.

“How pitiful.”

We ordered our food, both shaking our heads at the absurdity of it.

“Got a hundred grand to burn?” My buddy asked.

He showed me a GOP dinner proposal.

“Dinner with Trump: $35,000 (that’s sitting in same room only)

Photo with Trump: $70,000 (it can be a couple - man and woman only, I assume)

Round table with Trump: $100,000 (so for 100 g’s you can pass him the ketchup to put on his burnt steak).”

“Can you imagine?” My buddy asked.

“If he walked in here right now, I’d walk out,” I said.

“It’s not him that concerns me about that party, it’s the people who will pay that. What do they get in return? That’s a donation. You have to get SOMETHING for that!”

“A house?”

It’s a really weird world that we’re living in.

The news will be dominated by Americans fighting for their lives in a number of states.

Their homes, their lives, and their dreams will take a terrible hit...

...and you know what our “leader” will be doing?

Trying his best to make it about him...

...and how great he’s doing.

How brave he is.

“It’s gong to be tremendously big...

...and tremendously wet.”

(He said that!)

But at least it’s not an island:

“It’s an island. It’s totally surrounded by water...

...big water.”

(Said that too).

This should go great.

For $100,000...

...he’ll explain how great he was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie