Enough

On Friday night the boys went over to a friend’s house. They couldn’t stop talking about Mac Miller, the rapper who OD’d.

On Saturday morning I drive Sam to work.

“How was the wake?” I asked.

“We didn’t listen to anything else,” he said. “It’s too sad. He had everything in the world and he was still sad. Didn’t have enough.”

That was a pretty profound thing for Sam to say.

A little while later, I put a note on Facebook about the new story I’m working on - a mystery/thriller that’s writing itself.

An author friend of mine posted that “We should co-author a children’s book. That’s where the sales are!”

I have zero interest in that, or sales. I enjoy the journey of doing it my own way.

I have more than enough in my life.

And I think about those things a lot. When you’re a kid you think about owning a home, having a dog, eating good meals, having kids, enjoying a relationship.

Just living.

I think some of the frustration in life is wanting more, or thinking what you have just isn’t enough.

Old man wanna’ Be Rich, rich man wanna’ be king, king ain’t satisfied until he rules everything.”

Most of my weekends are spent pretty simply.

Planning a couple of good meals...

...relaxing a little.

Spending time with family.

It’s enough.

Kinda’ sad when you chase it around and it kills you.

Sometimes enough is enough, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie