Seriously

Checked a few twitter posts from women who’d been abused:

“He chased me from one room to another during a house party. I was 19 years old and we’d just arrived. I stopped to say hello to a couple of old friends and he came running in, yelling that I was cheating. He grabbed me by the hair, and dragged me back to the car. No one did a thing. Then he cried and said ‘look what you made me do.’”

No woman should ever have to go through something like that.

Ever.

For any reason.

“I was 7 years old. He was the gym teacher. It was 1964, and I remember the smells and sounds like it happened 15 minutes ago. He kept saying, ‘You’re such a good girl.’”

Imagine having to live your life through such a memory.

I’m sheltered. I lived a life where I was sure that My Dad loved my Mom.

‘Make sure you say ‘Thank You’ to your mother’, was a sentence that I borrowed from him to remind my boys of respect.

And no, they didn’t always get along, but ‘any man who’d hit a woman is a piece of shit’ he said.

“My ex broke his hand on my face, and then sat on the couch and cried. He kept ranting, ‘you make me do this because I love you too much.’”

Women live in fear.

There are millions out there right now who are walking on eggshells, afraid that they’ll be abused, or pummeled.

I don’t know if Kavanaugh is guilty or not.

(I have an opinion).

I do know men who have been accused of such behavior.

I recall a party from about 30 years ago. Plenty of beer, music and laughter. There were 4 couples together for the night. The next day we were all supposed to play in a tennis tournament.

I woke up the next day, a little hungover, but ready for more fun. I went down to the tennis court and no one was around except for my partner, who was just sitting on a chair beside the court.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“David beat Dani last night,” my friend said.

“Beat her?”

(I thought they’d played tennis!)

“Punched her. About 8 times. She’s in the hospital.”

I’d been drinking with the guy just hours before. Evidently he’d become enraged cause she was laughing with other in the group.

I never spoke to David again.

Couldn’t fathom even looking at him, and the coward never showed his face either. Dani walked around with two black eyes for a couple of weeks.

“Any man who’d touch a woman is a piece of shit,” I told my boy the other day.

“Seriously,” He said.

Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie