My, My, My These Are Lawless Times

Mellencamp has been opening his shows with ‘Lawless Times.’

It’s a great song.

I’ve printed the lyrics here before.

Over the past few days, I, like millions of Americans have watched politicians shout, scream, cry and be morally outraged.

There ain’t a moral to be split among all of them.

On Thursday night, my mind was a mess thinking about Kavanaugh V Ford as presented at the political theater.

Graham went off. Kavanaugh went off.

Ford cried. Kavanaugh cried.

A guy at a job interview said:

“I liked beer. I still like beer. Do you like beer?”

And so, Friday morning it felt a little like a beer hangover (haven’t had one of those in at least 8 years!)

But the show wasn’t over!

They wanted to take a vote.

Before they even walked into the room, Jeff Flake - a guy who has stood on the floor of the senate and lambasted Trump for being morally bankrupt and who from time-to-time has written some very thoughtful things...

...announced that he was on Team Kavanaugh.

And that’s when the episode of this reality show got weird.

Two women confronted Flake.

They lit him up!

He was ripped to pieces and the crying women made a very convincing case as they spoke for all the women who have been silent victims of abuse.

Check the video.

Look at Flake’s face.

“He has no conscience,” I thought.

About an hour later, a plot twist!!!

Grassley and Graham were pissed because Flake stepped across the aisle and said:

“Let’s not jam this down the throats of America. Let’s allow the FBI to take a look.

“My, my, my these are lawless times,” JCM belts out.

And politics is a little like chess...

...every move is made for three moves from now and there’s a whole bunch of fake moral outrage...

...but hardly ever a glimpse of conscience.

Flake probably won’t hang on. There’s way too much money at stake and every man has a price.

His price will be met, and the memory of the pained women at the elevator will fade.

He’ll make the best decision for HIM.

That’s what lawlessness is all about.

My, my, my.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie