Other People’s Stuff

Springsteen gets all the pub when it comes to my favorite music, but I have other loves too.

The Stones, of course.

There’s a commercial playing now featuring “She’s A Rainbow.”

I sing it every time.

A couple of weeks back Mick Jagger sent a tweet of him playing the harp for a good couple of minutes.

(No one, Bruce included, plays the harmonica better than Mick).

“Playing some of the new tunes,” Mick wrote.

And it was 1977, or 1981 or 1983 all over again. Those were the days when I discovered one Stones record after another. Most of my kick-around clothes had the big red tongue on them.

If the Stones put out a new record...

...I’ll lose my mind!

But this week we got confirmation of another of my music loves.

Mellencamp is releasing a new record, ‘Other People’s Stuff’. It will be available in November and he will tour to promote it.

I’ve seen JCM 4 times, and every single time I thought:

“He’s the coolest dude ever.”

I know exactly where I was when I first listened to ‘Lonesome Jubilee’ and ‘Big Daddy’.

I wrote an entire book after hearing ‘Jackie Brown’ for the first time.

The lead character is ‘Jackie Gregory’ in ‘Desperation.’

Another character, Weird Henry, was a star of my book ‘In Real Life.’

I lifted that name from ‘Theo and Weird Henry’ from ‘Big Daddy.’

So, you can see why I’m so fired up...

...the old dogs ain’t dead yet!

And they always inspire me.

Now we just need Bruce to drop the record that he has finished and just sitting there.

1985 here we come!

(Back when America was great!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie