Are We Meaner?

This week there was a viral video of a man, on a train, who was shaving. He was flicking the shaving cream to the floor of the train...

...and truth be told, it was a tad irritating to me.

I’ve traveled enough to see people doing fairly disgusting things like cutting their toenails, eating stinky food on the plane, coughing, sneezing, blowing their nose...all without covering up. If I’d been seated next to that dude I probably would’ve been agitated.

But I know what I wouldn’t have done...

...I wouldn’t have videoed him and then posted it so people could take pot shots at him, which is exactly what happened.

The guy got lambasted. Everyone made fun of him, called him names, eventually made him feel less than human.

He’s a homeless man who was on his way to visit his brother. He shaved because he didn’t have time at the shelter and he didn’t want to show up looking homeless.

I don’t think that the people who poked fun at him felt bad once they heard the story...

...cause I think people are bitter and a little too mean now.

What do you think?

Is civility gone?

I was walking down the street the other day. A guy was coming the other way. We locked eyes.

“Good morning,” I said.

He didn’t answer. He didn’t nod. No smile. Nothing.

It struck me kinda’ funny. How much effort would it take to say ‘good morning?’

“How’s it going?” I asked one cranky bastard.

“It’s going.”

And there’s a whole bunch of nastiness on line.

One comment after another is nastier than the one before.

I’ve enjoyed the Yankees season - they will win close to 100 out of 162.

Yet, if you were to follow any Yankees site you’d see nothing more than bitching out of people who are supposed to be fans of the team.

“Sanchez sucks. Andujar is awful at 3rd. They need another ace. Boone is dumb.”

It’s not fun to follow it like I used to...

...people aren’t fans anymore.

They just wanna’ bitch!

Will they win the series?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Either way, I’ll try and enjoy it.

Like life!

Smile a little.

Say good morning.

Poke a little fun at the Donald.

“From the standpoint of water it’s pretty wet.”

Try not to be so mean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie