Sunday

On Saturday night, I fell asleep holding the novel I was reading...Gods of Guilt...and I woke up at 12:30 on Sunday morning with some back pain, but I was determined to do something! Visit friends, cookout! On the water!!

Here’s the day:

6:30 a.m. - Melky stirred. She nosed up the shade and the morning light came in. There was a dog on the road. Melky made a low growl. Laid back down. I was with her, but sleep was over. I picked up my phone. Read the news of the day. Thought about what might happen. Full day off.

Sam was gone to work by 8:00. Jake and Kathy were still asleep, but neither were late sleepers. I thought about what I’d need to do for dinner for a plan B, but I wanted to move a little.

Back was barking, but manageable.

I grabbed an ice pack to stay ahead of it. Sat down. Waited for other signs of life. Did some stretching.

Watched - The Office. The episode about Dwight as the safety man was on. Funny stuff. Kathy, who is usually up by 7:00, started groaning loudly as she hit the stairs.

“Oh Lord! My knee.”

She used two canes to get downstairs. Her left knee was twice the size of her right.

“Can you get my coffee? Wanna’ watch Ozark?”

My heart sunk. I kept looking at the size of that swollen knee.

“I can’t even bend it.”

“So, you wanna’ go camping?” Was lost on her.

Our day was set.

Heat for her.

Ice for me.

4:30 - 5:15 - Pasta and dishes.

5:30 - “Wanna’ just finish Ozark?”

9 p.m. - “Now what?”

What a day!

I must say, I moved very little, but I was actually the mobile one who brought every sip of water to Kathy.

“What about tomorrow?” I asked.

She just looked at me.

“We’re pathetic,” she said.

“Yep.”

Ozark done.

Now what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie