Whoa! That Was Ugly!!

Was chatting about the Bills first game with a couple of good friends.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been less enthused about a team,” I said.

There were three quarterbacks fighting for the starting job. The star running back had another violent off-season. They didn’t start the kid.

Yet, when one o’clock rolled around my boys were fired up. Jake joined me in the living room, and since the Yankees were on the west coast, he knew he could take the television.

Then, mere seconds before kickoff, Sam came rolling in. He’d been let out of work early.

“Let’s go!!!” He screamed. “Just gotta’ play good D!”

Ten minutes later they were down 7-0.

Then 10-0, then 17-0, then 20-0, 23-0, 26-0

Halftime!

The Bills hadn’t managed even a single first down.

“I’m going to write a paper,” Jake said.

“One more drive for me,” Sam said.

33-0

40-0

“Had enough!” Sam called out.

But the kid was in the game.

Then the big moment...

...the field goal was straight down the middle.

40-3.

“We got them right where we want them,” Sam mentioned.

Jake was long gone.

I switched over to The Office.

“It’s over,” Jake announced a little while later. “47-3 final. They may go 0-16.”

Yeah.

It was that bad.

“We didn’t execute,” the starting quarterback said.

Ya’ think???

U-G-L-Y

You ain’t got no alibi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie