Geoffrey Owens

The former Cosby Show Star was photographed at Trader Joe’s, working as a manager.

Fox News ran the story, evidently in an effort to embarrass the guy.

Owens was a young man back when the Cosby Show was on the air. He’s actually been a working actor, writer and director since, but acting jobs aren’t always there.

So, he works other jobs to put food on his family’s table.

Is there shame in that???

The news story definitely ran in an effort to degrade the actor...

...a look how far he’s fallen type of thing.

A long time ago, I made peace as a writer. I’ve often thought about whether or not I could ever just write for a living.

I’m sure I could make a go.

Hit the road, do the tours, play the publicity game. I’ve signed books in every major city and my last 7 have won at least a couple of awards.

I definitely know what I don’t want to do...

...play that game!

Write, put them out, whatever happens, move on to the next one. When I say that I write for myself it is mostly true. I want people to read along, but I truly don’t care. I also learned long ago that people don’t actually want to pay for a song or a book or even a news article anymore! From the time I published my first book until the last one there has always been someone there saying:

“Give me one.”

Yeah. I spent 400 hours on a computer to put a story together so I could give it to you.

Yet, I’d write whether or not anyone read even a single word.

So, I get the artist thing.

(I honestly also don’t think I could just write. I write novels for fun in my spare time. If that’s all I did I’d be bored!)

Owens answered it perfectly by saying that any job is a good job.

My son is washing dishes and cooking chicken.

He’s battling, working very hard.

I’m super proud of his efforts.

So, I don’t understand trying to shame Geoffrey Owens. I’m thinking that his Trader Joe’s career isn’t going to last long becaus Hollywood producers have taken notice and he’ll see some scripts because of this.

So, he’ll get a different job, and maybe he’ll take it.

I’ll tell you a couple of things about it:

1). Owens has done a better job Post-Cosby than Cosby

And

2). I’d rather work at Trader Joe’s than Fox News.

That one isn’t even close!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie