Yankees-Red Sux

Here’s some breaking news for you.

I don’t particularly care for Yankees-Red Sux matchups.

It all started in the late 70’s.

I hated Jim Rice and Bill Lee and really was pissed at Mike Torrez for going over there. When Bucky F***ing Dent put it over the wall...

...I thought it was pretty comical.

In the 80’s, I hated Clemens and Boggs.

Even when they came over to the Yankees in the 90’s, I never truly warmed to them.

Yet, I used to hang with Red Sux fans and the back and forth was fun.

It got ugly in the early 2000’s.

I hated, really hated, Pedro and Manny and Ortiz.

I still can’t stand the sight of them in uniform. Curt Schilling has to be asshole number 1 for me because of his mouth and the fake blood on his sock.

Still galls me!

And they finally won a few.

I didn’t watch a pitch of any of the World Series games they played.

Recently, the starch was out of the rivalry.

Boston finished last a couple of times. That made me laugh.

On Thursday, Tyler Austin slid into second, with his spikes high. I didn’t give it a seconds thought, even when Holt and Austin discussed it and the benches emptied and everyone picked a dance partner.

But then I got mad again.

Joe Kelly drilled Austin with a pitch.

“How ridiculous,” I thought.

And now it’s game on again.

Kelly is involved in this type of garbage every year. He’s a little coward who throws hard, and seems to really enjoy plugging guys.

I could see the rage in Austin’s face.

I woke on Thursday morning to a text from a Red Sux fan.

“His spikes were high!” My buddy said.

“Then why didn’t Holt fight him? Hit a guy when he’s batting? Cowards!”

And during the battle I just kept thinking:

“Don’t fight! No injuries!!”

But deep down...

...I thought about Judge, Stanton and CC...

...all massive humans...

...body-slamming a couple of Sux.

Could’ve been fun.

Game on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie