Too Risky

I do listen to Tony Robbins now and again.

He did a show on grief that was really great.

He usually is on the right side of the tough subjects...

...he had a big swing and miss with his thoughts on the #Metoo discussion.

Robbins spoke about a powerful guy who was interviewing for a job in his company and the choices were two men and a very attractive woman. He said that the woman was better suited for the position but that the powerful, wealthy guy didn’t hire her...

...cause it was too risky to have her around.

I think he has it backwards, don’t you?

The man is too afraid that he won’t be able to control himself?

Or

He thinks that all attractive women have an agenda to wipe out men?

I work in an industry where attractive women are certainly open to some silliness, if not downright stupidity. I once worked with a young, very attractive woman who wanted to be a safety consultant.

“They don’t take me seriously,” she said. “When I confront a group of them I get requests for dates, or worse. A guy like you can just get your point across without having to worry about that.”

“Are you saying I’m unattractive?” I asked.

She laughed.

“You Get my point,” she said.

And she was right. She had no chance. She wound up quitting and went into the real estate business.

Which is the problem, and the thing that Robbins is missing.

It’s not the pretty women that are causing the problems.

I also knew a attractive, busty woman who worked as an iron worker foreman. On the first day she gathered the troops and promptly lifted her shirt.

“There,” she said. “You’ve seen them. Now you won’t waste all of our time trying to see them.”

That was back in 1991. It was a legendary story.

Most of the guys on the crew asked every day if they could see them again.

She fired a bunch of them.

She wasn’t the problem...

...in Tony Robbins interpretation of things...

...it was all on her.

“The coffee girls show up wearing next to nothing,” one guy said. “They know the deal.”

Is the deal that they’re fair game for whatever you want to do, grab, or say?

It has been.

It should change, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie