Out of Nowhere

I must confess that I didn’t get any of the sauce on Sunday.

I was hanging out, watching basketball with the boys (Floppy the Crybaby, LeBron got beat) when I started to feel a little queasy.

I took a sip of water and immediately thought;

“That’s not staying down!”

I’ll spare you the details but over the next 14 hours...

...I barely finished 12 ounces of water.

And it struck me that your health is all you really have. I went from a normal weekend to a laying down mess.

I did watch an episode of Columbo where George Wendt was driven crazy enough to confess.

Other than that...

...it was me and Melky in bed.

“You won’t be at work tomorrow,” Sam said, at one point.

“Who said?” I answered.

And truth be told, I actually felt pretty well by the time 5 a.m. rolled around, and I was happy about that.

Just a quick blast of something?

We take our health for granted most of the time, but when it comes out of nowhere like that a whole bunch of worry runs through your mind.

Maybe I ate something bad...

...can’t recall anything iffy...

...but as I laid there I read about Jim Kelly and his ongoing battle to just get up and out of bed.

Said a little prayer in thanks for feeling okay and headed off to work.

Maybe it was watching LeBron that did it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie