Humboldt Broncos

Some stories are too horrific to digest.

The people who lost their lives in the horrific bus-semi crash in Canada is one of those stories.

15 people died in the crash that looked like a bomb strike. Most of those who died were teenagers. They were young hockey players, headed to a huge playoff game.

Everyone is well aware of the love affair between Canada and hockey. I never knew how strong it was until I was in Toronto for a concert.

The bathroom was full of Canadian men who were watching the second period of a Maple Leafs game.

The Maple Leafs weren’t good.

It was just a regular season game.

They were glued to that television.

“Man, these people love hockey,” I said.

My friend, who attended the concert with me, educated me on the subject.

“Everyone plays. They bring their children all over the country to play, from the time they’re little kids until they either make it to the NHL or not.”

Much of what I read in the horrific details of the crash said as much.

The country is in mourning.

My heart sank with each word I read.

“Why?”

I kept thinking that over and over.

The weather wasn’t ideal. The sight lines were troublesome. Perhaps speed was a factor. Maybe someone was distracted.

Truth be told, it’s hard to ever be sure.

15 lost lives and so many more lives impacted.

Thousands and thousands of people in pain.

Like I said:

Some stories are too horrific to read.

I pray for peace.

Just awful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie