The Machine

You have to hand it to the NFL...

...they know how to sell their product.

Now there are some who may say that the game has slipped (I find it far less entertaining than it used to be), there are others who swore it off because the owners didn’t fire “the son-of-a-bitches”, and of course, they maim and destroy their own players...

...but they can sell it!

There wasn’t a ball in play on Thursday or Friday, but man, everyone was talking about it!

“Who the Bills gonna’ draft?”

I made my kids put their choices down in stone.

“Just get a QB,” Jake & Sam (and their friend Ben) said in unison.

I needed more.

“Not Jackson because he’s too similar to Tyrod’s style, and not Allen (‘cause he sucks) was the consensus.

I made them narrow it down even more.

“Rosen,” Sam said.

“Rosen,” Jake added.

“Definitely Rosen,” Ben finished.

The Bills traded up.

“Let’s go!” Sam squealed.

“At with the 7th pick the Bills choose, Josh....Allen!”

“NO!!!” Sam yelled.

“Noooooooooooooo!” Jake texted.

“F*****!” Was Ben’s word of choice.

And this is how the NFL gets you...

...12 hours later:

Sam:  “Allen was the right choice.”

Jake: “He’s big and strong.”

Ben: “He will be in the Hall of Fame!”

And who the hell knows?

Allen did help me serve up a cautionary tale to my kids. He got in trouble for tweeting racists crap when he was 14 or 15.

“I told you. It doesn’t go away.”

The boys didn’t have a lot to say about that.

“Let’s go!!!!”

They’re rooting for laundry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie