The Purge

It hit me one day when I was in the storage room at out basement level.

“This is out of hand.”

We had accumulated so much junk, and each year, we have been piling more junk on top. It doesn’t help that my beautiful wife is a bit of a hoarder, and she accepts other people’s hands-me-down because she has a grand plan of using it somewhere.

I don’t know where.

Just goes into the room, or out to the garage.

I then checked the garage.

“We need a dumpster,” I said.

I started by bagging up some of the clothes.

I’m not kidding...

...we have every pair of shoes those kids have ever worn.

Two or three bags a day for the entire week.

I dropped them in Goodwill.

Sam did most of the lifting as we loaded up some garbage.

We now have a mountain of garbage in the garage.

And only one day a month where we can actually ditch it. We also have a huge television that needs to go!

It has been the centerpiece of the Sanford & Sons decoration style for the last 10 years.

“I always wanted to do a yard sale to get rid of that stuff,” Kathy said.

We had zero chance of ever pulling off a yard sale.

“Stop bringing junk home,” I said, firmly.

“We have what we need?” She asked.

“Stop!”

And that’s what you have when the marriage coupling is between an organized, efficient, structured human...

...and my wife.

My Dad was the same way as Kathy...

“He drove me nuts!” My mother mentioned.

I know the feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie