Come On Now!

On Wednesday I was trying my best to walk down Pearl Street in Buffalo.

“Against the wind,” began playing in my head.

The winds were about 60 mph.

My forehead was numb. The snowflakes were making me look down at my feet.

“Come on!”

I yelled into the howling wind.

We are now at April 8.

(The day Henry Aaron passed Babe Ruth back in 1974).

Baseball season has been going on for ten days.

On Thursday afternoon, I drove towards Syracuse.

I saw the salt truck. The message board told me that there were white-out conditions ahead.

“It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas,” was the song now playing in my head.

“Are you freaking kidding me?”

On Friday, it snowed in Syracuse as well.

“I’m so tired of all the heavy clothes,” The ironworker foreman said.

The sun was shining on Saturday.

BUT IT WAS 36 DEGREES!

And it’s not looking good for the upcoming week too. They’re talking about maybe fifty degrees by next weekend.

“You really gotta’ get the hell out of there,” an old college friend, who now lives in Texas said. “I just got out of my pool.”

Good for her.

When spring is sprung late I always think about the fact that every day we cross off now is one day closer to fall.

Summer shrinks.

I love summer.

I miss it.

Come on!

Enough is enough!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie