Couch Bound

I must admit that I had no desire to do anything this weekend. I was feeling particularly burnt out by Wednesday or Thursday and I made a conscious decision on Friday to do zero work for my actual job...

...over what I needed to be a quiet weekend.

The weather was atrocious again so there wouldn’t be any temptation to look at the yard or garage.

(The snow on Sunday morning was a brilliant addition).

So, I sat down.

And I read about some of my friends moving around the country (the Gags in Talledega), people out at restaurants, a buddy who’s kid went to prom...

...and I thought...

“That’s okay. I’ve been everywhere.”

I’ve swam in the Atlantic and the Pacific. I’ve been to about 40 States, seen the mountains and the valley floor...

...spent long periods of time in each place.

“What’s going on today?” Kathy asked, as I settled in on late Saturday morning.

“Nothing. Yankees on late, beef today, sauce tomorrow, Law & Order marathon, dogs are resting. Nothing!”

And I’m not sure what might have made me want to move around.m

(Bruce on Broadway again might’ve been about it).

I keep looking at photos of golf courses.

Snow takes away the desire.

(Legs  are tired anyway).

Maybe they’ll have a golf tourney on television and I can pretend.

NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs (wont watch those, but Sabres won the lottery!), baseball on all day long...

...fun!

Drift off to nap after pasta.

Thinking about having been to California or Miami Beach or Sedona or games in Oakland, Kansas City or at Fenway, or Wrigley.

And I didn’t move much at all...

...but I visited here and there.

My dogs were good with that plan.

And the sauce was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie