Life Is Short

My Aunt Rosalie passed away.

She was my Dad’s oldest sister, and she died just shortly after her 90th birthday.

I always considered my Aunt to be a classy lady. She was always ready with a kiss and a hearty laugh. She was a terrific Mom, wife and Grandma.

Everything that makes a life well-lived.

And still, as I said a prayer for her...

...I thought about her with My Dad, My Uncle Jim, My Aunt Carolyn and my Aunt Mary Lou...

...and how they’ve all passed on.

I made it a point to say ‘Hello’ to my Aunt Franny...

...the last of the family.

She wasn’t sad!

“There’s a way to die,” Aunt Franny said. “She was alert, engaged in living, and happy all the way to the end.”

I smiled at that, but I still felt some sadness...

...because I’d seen them all in the best of their days.

And 90 years is a good, long life...

...but it’s still a short time...

...when time runs out.

We talked about Dad and some of his greatest moments, and how much love there was between the siblings.

Yet time runs out.

“It’s okay,” Aunt Franny said. “That’s how life goes. It’s good.”

Aunt Franny had a huge smile on her face.

Made me feel good.

RIP to Aunt Rosalie.

It was good.

Really good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty