Wonderful Winter Weekend

It took me a good ten minutes to chip the ice off my car on Sunday morning.

It was kinda’ cool though because the ice covered everything, and chipping it away might’ve been fun had it not been about 25 degrees with sleet soaking me.

“It’s April 15th!” I yelled.

In less than 140 days we’re going to be putting stuff away for the winter!

Yet, I wanted to try and make the best of it.

I had some time to go through social media, and look at the baseball stats, even though the Yankees haven’t played in a little while.

(If Boone rests any of the regulars this week after hardly playing, I may scream!)

But there was sauce to be made!

We’ve been doing meatballs and beef chunks a lot.

It came to me in a dream.

“RIBS!”

But I was even more inspired than that.

“Ravioli!”

I actually started to get excited about it.

We were under blankets in our usual spots on the couch.

“It’s cold in here,” Kathy said. “And there’s nothing on television.”

She settled for a movie on Lifetime.

What did I care? The Yankees were already postponed.

The movie was so bad, it was good.

My back, leg and feet were barking.

I slipped into a nap...

...like I’m 80 years old.

The aroma of the sauce filling the air.

What a beautiful winter weekend!

In the MIDDLE OF FREAKING APRIL!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie