Unbelievable

I heard the reports...

...I knew that I had to make my way home yesterday afternoon.

So I saw it coming, but I had a 3:00 appointment so I was going to be cutting it close.

I didn't make it!

Not by a long shot.

Here's what is aggravating...

...I made it to within a mile of my house.

What is worse...

...I was stopped dead in my tracks just 50 yards from the church parking lot.

If I can just get into the lot...I can walk home.

God help me.

Nope.

Not listening.

I sat in the car for three and a half hours.

An EMT finally made his way to each car window.

"It's going to be about six hours before we clear this. We're trying to make arrangements to get you to the church parking lot."

Yes! 

The Church Parking Lot!!

But that didn't happen for another 45 minutes or so.

When it finally did, I jumped from the car, grabbed my gloves and hat and started off down the road.

So happy.

And I fell.

Just in the snow though.

Smaller steps.

Why do we live here? I was thinking.

I saw a man at the end of the lot.

"Thank God they got us here," I said.

"Two neighborhood guys donated their time and their plows to get the church lot open...and clear Abbott Road."

Western New York, Bitches!

We help each other!!

I walked about a hundred yards.

Didn't fall down.

Lake Avenue looked like a movie trailer that shows the end of the world.

A bus jack-knifed. A car in the ditch. Abandoned cars, Snow to my hip and blowing in my face.

I slipped again, but caught myself on the hood of a car.

The woman lowered her window.

A pretty girl.

"Do you think I can make it down Abbott Road?" She asked.

I laughed.

She didn't.

I told her about the church lot.

"I have to walk a mile in the other direction," she said.

"I'm a mile down there," I answered.

We chatted a minute longer and I felt a little better.

At the end of my road...I saw one of my neighbors.

He looked worried.

"My kid is stuck on a bus," he said. "If I go down Lake to Abbott can I get to him."

I broke the bad news.

Finally, I got to the end of my driveway.

Two feet of snow blocked my front door!!

There was grass this morning!

I entered the front door...

...frozen.

"How was your day?" Sam asked. "How's work go?"

We both laughed.

But, you know what?

I got off easy!

My beautiful wife was sideswiped by a guy who decided that a hit and run was in order.

She was lucky she wasn't crushed.

The car was.

"What a ^&*$%# Day!" She announced.

Unbelievable!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie