Retirement Home?

We missed the turn to our hotel and did a little spin around the block in Scottsdale.

The houses were tiny...and looked worn.

"That's all we need," I said pointing to one that is smaller than our garage.

Kathy knew exactly what I was talking about.

January 14 and we were both in shorts and a tee-shirt.

Getting out of Dodge when the snow is flying is a real goal in the coming years.

"I don't want to be 70 years old, flopping around in my driveway because I slipped on the ice with my bad hips, legs, back...whatever!"

"That one is cute," Kathy pointed to an even smaller place.

"We'll be forced to live in close quarters," I warned.

"Yeah. Maybe something a little bigger."

We were both afraid to look around at any prices for housing in such an area.

I'm sure it isn't cheap.

We even mentioned our retirement plans to some of the people that we met around here.

"Ahh, the old, retired people who jam up our roads and stores."

Like it or not...

...we're getting there!

Better to be old and annoying in a warm place, I'm thinking.

"I'm in," Kathy said.

Time to check the prices.

It'll be here before we know it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie