Liar Liar

There's a great temptation to make this space a politics free zone in 2017.

But how can that be possible?

There may be political stories to cover...

...but as luck might have it, most of them will have life's lessons attached.

Like the Wall Street Journal story about how they are going to handle Trumplethinskin's words.

When he lies they are going to classify it as something other than a lie.

Sounded to me like the "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is" defense."

The editor at WSJ said that what sounds like a lie might not actually be a lie and it all depended upon the interpretation of the person hearing the lie.

WTF?

Can you imagine?

Wife: Where were you? At the bar?

Man: I was at the office.

Wife: I drove by the bar. I saw you get out of the car and walk into the bar. I sat in the parking lot until you stumbled back out of the bar and got in your car, and you're telling me you were at the office?

Man: There you go again! You turn everything I say into a lie with your truths! There's something wrong with you!!

I know that a lot of rules are being re-written as a result of that gloomy day in November, but how far will we stretch what we know is true?

I hate liars.

More than anything else in the world, I hate when someone lies to me.

What I hate more than straight-up liars are people, who when caught in a lie...

...lie again and try and turn it around on you.

I guess I'm going to have to rethink things.

Believe half of what you hear and less of what you see.

Indeed.

Then when you catch someone in a lie...

...understand that it's actually your fault.

Got it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty