The Honor System

I bought a bunch of rawhide bones and a few other treats for the dogs.

My beautiful wife watched in horror as I opened the four packages and dumped them into the plastic container where the dogs toys are kept.

"What the hell are you doing?" Said wife asked.

"I'm putting them on the honor system," I said.

"I don't think that's going to work," Kathy said.

Melky was at the box...taking out the bones 3 at a time.

Now I've watched the honor system play out at times. Some of the roadside vegetable stands have a box there. I often wonder if people steal the cukes and tomatoes.

I never would, of course.

About 15 years ago I played in a golf tournament that had a set of clubs as the prize for closest to the pin on a par 3. I was in the 2nd to the last group. I put my ball within a couple of feet. I was fired up!

We watched 2 of the last 4 golfers tee off. They didn't hit the green!

I hustled through the round, knowing I'd won a new set of clubs.

Except I didn't!

One of the last two guys got closer.

Except he didn't!

One of the other guys in the group came up to me at the dinner afterwards.

"That as$&@le stole your clubs," he whispered.

I decided to congratulate the guy on his shot.

"I barely beat you," he said, as he shook my hand!

(He never even hit the green!)

So...a bit later I checked in on the dog box.

Melky had failed the honor system test...

...the container was on the kitchen table.

"I had to put a stop to it," Kathy said. "What made you think that would work?"

Ah well.

At least Melky didn't steal a set of clubs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty