Boils, Tumors, Gallstones, Bad Back

What's your ailment?

We all get something, right?

Hung around with a bunch of guys my age and older and it occurred to me that we're all kind of rotting since day one.

We all have something causing us problems. There was a guy last week who was limping badly.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Boil that got infected," he said. "It burst open on my leg. It's infected. It's killing me."

"You're limping too," he said.

"Ahh, back, hip, legs and feet," I said.

Then I turned on the radio and a woman was talking about her mother being diagnosed with a brain tumor that was gonna' wipe the poor lady out.

Sad.

One of the guys on the trip survived cancer. It did my heart good to watch him sip a beer and then order a filet.

He beat it.

Sooner or later it will end.

Heartwarming, right?

As House said: "It don't end peaceful."

But in the meantime, there's a lot of life to be lived.

The Yanks are in the pennant race. God-willing and through a lot of prep work and ice, I've been able to swing the clubs a little.

And now it's getting close to rest time as football starts, it starts to get cooler, and another change of season.

"Why did you come to work?" I asked the guy with the infected boil.

"Same reason you limp around," he answered. "The fuse is burning."

Hope your affliction doesn't keep you down and out.

Time is short!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie