It Only Hurts When I Breathe

There's an old joke that picks up the words of the only survivor of a plane crash in a remote jungle. The rescuers finally get to the guy who is the lone survivor of a horrific plane crash that resulted in a fire that destroyed all the other people on the plane. There are parts of human bodies hanging from the trees and the first rescuer asks the survivor how he's doing:

"It's weird,"  the survivor said. "It only hurts when I laugh."

Well, leading up to the idea that I could golf on back-to-back days I thought, "How bad can it be?"

I would rest and stretch through the two rounds.

Pick up the conversation between me and my buddy yesterday.

Me:  "I can't breathe without pain. I'm such an idiot."

Buddy:  "You looking for me to argue?"

It's hard to work when your only thought is:

"My back hurts."

But here we are!

Guess who is NOT golfing the rest of the year!

And to those of you reading this and thinking:

"He's such an opinionated a-hole."

Just know that I'm a little like the airplane survivor.

But as much as I'm trying to laugh my way though it...

...I haven't laughed yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie