The Debates

I can't do it.

I can't listen to any of it.

As a matter of fact, I used to love watching the early morning news shows.

Can't do it anymore.

I didn't watch the debate.

Years ago I got so disturbed during the Biden-Palin that I remember stepping in to where my beautiful wife was watching a show about remodeling houses and saying:

"I want to smash her head off the podium to see if it's hollow."

So I did not put myself through it.

I hate lying.

If there is one thing I hate more than anything in life it's deceitful behavior.

(Maybe the nuns beat that into me).

But when someone tells a known lie right to my face, I get really agitated.

The candidates for the highest office in the land tell more lies than truths.

That's the truth!

And today I won't listen to the recap of any of it.

A Trump fan cornered me the other day and began telling me about how badly we needed Trump to make changes.

It was on a job-site where I was thinking about a hundred other things.

I laughed.

"Why are you laughing, you want Hillary?" He asked.

"Don't matter what I want," I said. "New York will go Democrat in the presidential election."

"Maybe not!" He declared.

"Look it up," I said. "You're all in a lather and Trump isn't winning New York. So, your vote, my vote and his vote don't actually matter."

The guy looked forlorn.

That's the way it is, folks.

Argue all you want.

Try and persuade everyone you see.

New York is blue.

There's little debate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie