Middle of the Night

Damn!

I go through the waking up in the middle of the night periodically.

Lately it has been because my legs continue to buzz...even though I relax a lot before going to sleep.

Yet it has happened every other night for the past 6 nights or so.

And there's nothing to do when you wake up like that!

I do ask one question though...what happened before phones?

Because that has been my first grab once I realize that it is going to be a little while before I get back to sleep.

I check Facebook.

The baseball scores.

The Donald-Hil Comedy Show.

Sometimes I even write a blog as I lie there.

(Like this one).

Then I consider trying to fall asleep again the way I had done a few hours before, by reading a few pages in the novel by my bed.

Listen - I don't have it so bad.

I know people who constantly suffer from insomnia.

Every night is an absolute battle.

I can usually sleep straight through the night when I'm feeling all right leg-wise.

But much like when you're an infant there's that desire to cry out when you realize that you can't sleep anymore for a little while.

Ah well.

Being awake in the middle of the night last night means that I'm tired enough to make it all the way through tomorrow night.

Just know that if you get a text from me at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning it might actually be legit.

I do know of some people that I can actually talk to at such an hour...

...couple of friends and a couple of siblings.

But make no mistake:

It Sucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie