Season Over???

About 6 months ago I was thinking about the fact that the kids are getting old.

I figured that I would do something nice because it won't be all that long before they'll be on with their lives.

So I told them they could find two season tickets to the Bills games. They didn't have to be told twice. They found the seats quickly and the Bills started sending them correspondence.

God were they excited!

Sam was counting down the days to the start of the NFL Season. The Bills season began on September 11.

It may have ended on September 16.

The Bills lost twice.

Looked horrible, actually.

I wasn't watching it on Thursday night. (I was busy torturing myself with the Yankees).

The Bills were just at halftime when I shut it down and tried to go to sleep.

The window was open. I live just 1.4 miles from the stadium. I heard the cheering crowd, the train whistle and I imagine fireworks that they set off when the Bills score (there's some kind of boom).

So, I couldn't get to sleep.

Then I started hearing the sirens. Loud, piercing sirens that scared me.

Did something nasty happen?

All kinds of scenarios played out in my mind.

(Turns out that the sirens were just for the drunken idiots who were smashing into things all around the stadium).

The game ended.

I didn't see more than 3 plays, but I felt bad for the boys.

Then I laid back and listened to even more sirens.

There are usually at least 30 arrests at every home game.

I waited.

Knowing that I couldn't go to sleep until the boys were home safe.

About 45 seconds after I heard their voices...

...I was asleep.

We were all up 5 hours later for work and school.

"Did you have fun at least?" I asked Sam.

"It sucked," he answered. "5 days and the season is over."

Ah well.

We'll get 'em next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie