Life Smacks Hard

Matt Imhof is a pitcher in the Phillies farm system.

His path to the majors may have ended though...

...tragically.

Imhof, who is 22 years old, and who definitely had a shot to one day play in the bigs, was working out on a piece of exercise equipment that is used to stretch.

The equipment malfunctioned and a large piece of metal flew through the air...

...striking Imhof in the face.

He broke bones in his face.

His right eye...

...was squashed like a grape.

He had it removed a day later.

Doesn't that make you sad?

As I was reading the story I didn't think of the moment when he was struck in such a freak incident.

Instead I was struck by how happy he had been when he signed his deal.

The hopes and dreams that he had...

...everyone sharing in his talent of throwing a ball.

And bam!

Just like that🔥

Up in flames.

I saw a photo of Imhof in a hospital bed and I read his statement to all who were worried about his frame of mind.

He promised that he would bounce back...

...he didn't mention the near impossibility of finishing his career.

But his statement was filled with hope.

He referenced not being dead...he will survive...

...and prosper.

I didn't know who he was just a week ago.

Now I'm rooting hard for the kid.

Go get 'em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie