Hot Enough?

Was absolutely drained by the sun after being out in it for the majority of the days on Monday and Tuesday.

But I don't complain about the heat because I absolutely hate the cold weather...

...so no whining here!

Yet I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard someone ask:

"Hot enough for you?"

What makes you ask such a question?

What is the suitable response?

"I wish it were hotter."

I never know why to say to that...

...I usually don't respond.

The baseball all-star game was on last night and I didn't watch it.

I never do, actually.

I watch so much baseball during the year that I take the 4 days off just like the rest of the players who didn't make the all-star team.

A couple of years ago my mother handed me my little league all-star trophy...

...from 1976.

I remember how excited I was when I was picked to the team.

I also recall getting a hit in the actual all-star game. I caught two innings.

We won too.

Ice cream after the game.

It was hot back then too.

That's the way it goes this time of year.

Beats the hell out of snow!

(Yeah, Pops, I was an all-star).

Elite athlete!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie