Back to the Grind!

The 3-day weekend is behind us.

You get the exact opposite mood today as the one you felt on Friday.

The "How was your weekend?" Followed by the "it was too short."

I mentioned to my beautiful wife that 3-day weekends used to be about beer, golf and the Yankees."

Well, beer is no longer part of my game, the Yankees are on the west coast and my hip postponed golf.

So...rest, dogs and food!

Speaking of which, my dogs hate the 4th of July.

I don't understand the neighborhood fireworks. My dogs hate it and that's usually where you hear about the guys who join the amputation club. About 30 years ago I went to a 4th of July party in Brooklyn and there were some Italian-American guys there who scared me...even though they liked my surname. These guys were shooting off fireworks for hours and even asked if I wanted to light some.

"I've been a wussy since I was born. I'll just watch," I said. But I did ask where in the hell they got the thousands of works they were setting off.

"John Gotti sent them over," one guy said.

I believed him!

But it's all in the books now...

...back to work!

Yet that is what makes America great already!

There's so much negativity around now.

This is still a pretty great country.

Don't let anyone tell you different.

Count your fingers and toes...

...and get back at it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty