So Then My Wife Says...

Matthew will be getting a car. Actually, it's my Dad's car and the 'getting it' part of it involved me going to the DMV with my mother to transfer the plates.

Okay, so, a trip to the DMV doesn't exactly get your motor running, right?

But my wife says that I am going, and that I need to get it done. She asked me to agree, so I did.

However, being the strong man that I am I begged her to do the legwork of getting the paperwork filled out, calling the place to find out when it closes...things of that sort.

So, my wife says, yesterday morning: You're all set.

In the car for the 20 minute trip to pick up Mom. No problem whatsoever as I really enjoy spending time with my mother.

20 minutes to the DMV.

"Wow, there's no one in the parking lot," Mom says.

"It's close to Christmas," I say. "That'll be good, we'll get right in and right out."

"There isn't even one car in the lot," my mother said. "Did the person who's going to wait on us walk to work?"

(All of the Fuzzy's are funny)

Sure enough, the sign on the door is a computer generated frown that begs forgiveness as the DMV people wanted an extra day for Christmas.

So, I call my wife. She says: let me check to see if there's another one open.

There is.

Back in the car for a 30 minute drive.

30 minutes at the DMV.

30 minutes to drive Mom back home.

20 minutes back to my house.

I walk in the door.

So then my wife says:

Jake wants to visit with a friend. Can you run him over there? It's only 10 minutes away.

Yes, Dear.

I can't wait until Matt gets his car.

Comments

Did you take mom to lunch, at least? She was craving Red Lobster, I believe...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie