Rain & Sleet & High Winds & Freezing Snow

I started hearing about the coming storm in the middle of the week. I know there are lunatics out there who actually bask in the warm feeling of a coming storm, but I'm not one of them. I've seen way too many freaking storms in the last two years and you can jam them in your ass.

Last night my beautiful wife and I attended the Thomas Johnson Christmas party. Great food, good friends, a lot of making fun of one another, and a couple of drinks to boot. The party always symbolizes the start of the Christmas season for me because it is usually the only work-related party that I attend and was once invited by Paul Johnson over the phone.

"Are you coming to the party?" Paul asked.
"Definitely," I said.
"Is the reason why you're invited coming too?" Paul asked.

And halfway through the party there was the reason I was invited chatting up Paul's wife as Paul and I stood side-by-side.

"The wives are talking," I said. "I just saw your wife hold her fingers apart by about an inch and a half as she explained something to my wife," I said.

We laughed.

"Who cares?" Paul said.

And when I looked across the room again, I thought to myself, "Damn, my wife is good-looking."

(That line right there is part of her Christmas present. I don't shop much).

Anyway, it wasn't storming as we headed home. It isn't storming yet today.

Tomorrow the storm may come and be followed by more storms.

My wife will most likely slop around the house in sweatpants, the kids will run rough-shod over me as we try to watch football, the dogs will refuse to go outside, and I will wait on the storm, but will most likely concentrate on that brief moment when I glanced at my wife across the room.

That's how you get through the storms, you know?

You concentrate on the bright things that make you want to pick yourself up and out of the bed.

(Aside to Paul) I'm not a freaking bleeding-heart, crying liberal as you called me - as I told you...the Bush and Palin families simply make my skin crawl. I don't even fully understand the rest of it!

But I got you back with the inch and a half joke, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty